dev@glassfish.java.net

How to run amx QL test separately

From: Sahoo <Sahoo_at_Sun.COM>
Date: Thu, 28 May 2009 20:48:35 +0530

I have some changes because of which QL is failing like this:

   [testng] ===============================================
   [testng] amx_tests
   [testng] Tests run: 7, Failures: 1, Skips: 6
   [testng] ===============================================

How do I run these tests separately? First of all, which directory do
these tests belong to? quicklook/amx I guess. I want to debug to get to
the root of the problem. As per QuickLook_Test_Instructions.html found
in quicklook directory, I should be able to run individual tests by
starting server & database followed by "ant -Dglassfish.home=... all."
That does not work for amx tests. Then, I found a README in
quicklook/amx dir which says the following:
------
Author: Lloyd.Chambers_at_sun.com
Last modified: 11 September 2008

AMX unit tests. They run fine through 'mvn test', which sets up the
dependencies for compiling
and running with the requisite jars (eg amx-api-10.0-SNAPSHOT.jar).

Standalone 'ant build' does not work; the appropriate ant targets need
to be set up.
--------

So, I tried "mvn test," and that fails like this:
Project ID: org.glassfish.quicklook:admin:jar:null

Reason: Cannot find parent: quicklook:org.glassfish.quicklook for
project: org.glassfish.quicklook:admin:jar:null for project
org.glassfish.quicklook:admin:jar:null

Why it is so complex to run a particular test is beyond my
understanding. So, I won't ask that question. Just tell me how I can run
these tests separately.

Thanks,
Sahoo