dev@glassfish.java.net

Re: V3 distributions?

From: Snjezana Sevo-Zenzerovic <Snjezana.Sevo-Zenzerovic_at_Sun.COM>
Date: Fri, 06 Mar 2009 14:17:30 -0800

Sahoo,

you are correct, there is currently significant duplication in
functionality between the distributions module and the combo of
packager/distributions-ips modules. I am working on the proposal which
would provide us with the single path of distribution assembly for both
developer (i.e. non-IPS enabled) builds and IPS enabled builds but it
will take at least couple of weeks to get this right.

In the meantime, we need to take care of all initial integrations
targeted for 03/16 milestone and at that point we'll have reasonably
stable packager implementation which can be documented and used as
starting point for the above mentioned realignment.

Thanks,

Snjezana