dev@glassfish.java.net

Re: Cannot find parent: com.sun.mojarra:mojarra-scales-master

From: Sahoo <Sahoo_at_Sun.COM>
Date: Tue, 10 Feb 2009 13:39:20 +0530

Ken,

Apache projects follow a very well defined release process. e.g., see
Felix release process documented here:
http://felix.apache.org/site/release-management.html

V3 release process is documented at
http://wiki.glassfish.java.net/Wiki.jsp?page=V3ReleaseProcess .
Unfortunately, we are not quite there yet and that's resulting in wide
ranging issues. Not every component that's getting integrated as a
binary follow such established process. e.g., not so long ago Grizzly
team updated released artifacts in maven repo that caused build failures
for many people. In order to avoid such issues and control the binaries
that get distributed as part of GlassFish, the build team will be asking
developers to provide documents describing release process for any
component that gets integrated in GlassFish as a binary. In the absence
of such process, speak to the GlassFish RE to take ownership of release
of those components.

Thanks,
Sahoo