dev@glassfish.java.net

Re: Nexus

From: Jason Lee <jasondlee_at_sun.com>
Date: Wed, 04 Feb 2009 17:01:44 -0600

On Feb 4, 2009, at 4:55 PM, Ken Cavanaugh wrote:
> My bundles end up in http://download.java.net/maven/2/com/sun/corba/
> after a few minutes, but I have no idea if this is correct now that
> we have
> Nexus set up.

Nexus is just a proxy/caching server. If I understand things
correctly, it has other repos set up that *it* queries if it has not
already downloaded an artifact. Once it downloads an artifact, it
caches it locally (to itself), ready to serve up to the next client
requesting it. Another bonus is the we only have one network
connection per artifact instead of scanning all the repos we might
know about locally for an artifact, which gets expensive in a hurry.

         Jason Lee
Senior Java Developer
GlassFish Administration Console

Sun Microsystems, Inc.