dev@glassfish.java.net

mail properties

From: Wolfram Rittmeyer <w.rittmeyer_at_jsptutorial.org>
Date: Sat, 21 Feb 2009 18:02:48 +0100

Hello,

I have just seen a link to all doc-relates issues on the last
doc-meeting-agenda.

One of the issues (7110) is about a better documentation of the
behaviour regarding mail properties. This issue itself links to another
issue (7107) that discusses various workarounds in the GUI and so on.

But wouldn't it be better to change this behaviour? To actually allow
mail properties to start with "mail." instead of having to start with
"mail-"? There is also a RFE (issue 4515) asking for exactly that.

Since I myself stumbled upon this a while ago I wonder why this cannot
be corrected? To me it sounds a bit absurd to work around this problem,
try to enhance the documentation and provide the user with ever more
help instead of solving the problem that causes trouble again and again
(e.g. on January 29 one user posted about this on the users list).

Now very likely there is a very good reason for this, but I have never
read about this on this list (though I might very well have missed
this). Maybe someone on this list can explain the reasoning behind this?

Thanks,

--
Wolfram Rittmeyer