dev@glassfish.java.net

Re: deployment of ear files works or no?

From: Bill Shannon <bill.shannon_at_sun.com>
Date: Thu, 12 Feb 2009 10:48:04 -0800

Vince Kraemer wrote:

> Thanks for the update.
>
> Will the _[ewrj]ar requirement cause problems for directory deployment
> from MyEclipse? Last I heard, they were using directories with
> .[ewrj]ar suffixes when they create an exploded ear.

That sure seems like a bad idea to me. Maybe it's not such a big problem
on Windows where all directories really have a .DIR extension, but on
Unix systems I can imagine all sorts of confusion possible if directory
names look like file names.

But there is a good point here. Without a deployment descriptor, how can
you tell if a directory is an exploded ear/war/jar/rar file? I guess that's
a reason to use a filename pattern.