dev@glassfish.java.net

security risk of exposing jsessionid?

From: Lloyd Chambers <Lloyd.Chambers_at_Sun.COM>
Date: Fri, 25 Jul 2008 17:04:33 -0700

I had sent the email below earlier today. Note that it includes
jsessionid encoded in the URL.

Now in this case, there is nothing particularly sensitive about
opensolaris.org.

But what are the security ramifications of a web site including
jsessionid in the URL itself like this? Would this allow someone to
hijack the session if the URL could be observed (or simply emailed as
I've done).

Lloyd

Begin forwarded message: