dev@glassfish.java.net

Re: [v3] Build broken?

From: Tim Quinn <Timothy.Quinn_at_Sun.COM>
Date: Tue, 10 Jun 2008 10:50:55 -0500

Jerome Dochez wrote:

>> Perhaps that's it. I didn't make any changes myself to
>> glassfish-api, but following Hong's advice I did find that building
>> glassfish-api first and then building the entire project worked for me.
>> I was just sharing the workaround with Jan until the underlying
>> problem was resolved.
> that fixes the problem because you basically overwrite your existing
> version with a new one without changing the version number. This
> cannot work for others since maven will never try to re-download a
> version-ed module it already has in its local repository.
As I said, I didn't make any changes to the glassfish-api module. I
just needed to make progress on other things and I shared a way to do
that with others. The workaround that worked for Hong also worked for
me and it seemed at least possible it would work for Jan.

Anyway, it looks as if the underlying issue has been resolved with the
change to the common/glassfish-api/pom.xml.

- Tim