dev@glassfish.java.net

Re: V3 redeploy does not work

From: Jerome Dochez <Jerome.Dochez_at_Sun.COM>
Date: Wed, 12 Mar 2008 10:19:19 -0700

As far I as remember, there was no redeploy command in v2. During the
V3 deployment we reserve all the rights to modify the commands syntax
in order to be mostly compatible and provide a unified CLI experience.
so we have changed command options and we will change them more until
we are a lot closer to FCS and that becomes a final interface.

The bug or the broken thing is that the changes do not seem to be
communicated between the teams so I think Hong and Jane should pay
extra attention in keeping the page at
http://wiki.glassfish.java.net/Wiki.jsp?page=V3AdminCommands

as up to date as possible for new commands or incompatible changes
with V2 commands if we have any. Any command not specified on that
page and implemented in V3 should be 100% compatible with V2 even if
some of the features behind it are not ready yet.

Jerome