dev@glassfish.java.net

Re: V3 redeploy does not work

From: Jane Young <Jane.Young_at_Sun.COM>
Date: Wed, 12 Mar 2008 12:02:51 -0700

I apologize for not informing the teams about the syntax change in
redeploy command. We will try to keep the wiki site up-to-date. But
keep in mind that commands are now developed by different people, so
it's beyond a one person resposibility. If you are developing new
commands in v3, please pay attention to the following:

    * command syntax should be compatible with v2. If command cannot be
      compatible, please discuss this at the CCC meeting. See:
      http://wiki.glassfish.java.net/Wiki.jsp?page=AdminOrConfigCompatibilityPage
    * update wiki site
      (http://wiki.glassfish.java.net/Wiki.jsp?page=V3AdminCommands ) if
      the command you implemented is available in v3

Since "redeploy <app-nam>" is useful for NB plugin, I will add
<app-name> as a valid operand to redeploy.
So redeploy is still similar to "deploy --force=true" except if the
operand is an app-name it will get the path from domain.xml. redeploy
will also accept the options available in the deploy command (except for
--force).

Jane