dev@glassfish.java.net

Re: V3 redeploy does not work

From: vince kraemer <Vince.Kraemer_at_Sun.COM>
Date: Tue, 11 Mar 2008 21:08:38 -0700

You are right. Broken depends on your perspective.

So, the question of, "why did this (the syntax) get changed?" remains
unanswered.

Can anyone answer that question?

In the case of directory deployed web apps, etc... the user has entered
the name and the path to deploy the app, right?

The domain.xml has the correct path associated with the name and should
just use that, if there is no path argument given.

I think the new "correct" syntax is actually asking tools and users to
reenter data. (I cannot really tell, since I don't see any definitive
reference for redeploy through the web admin interface)That seems like
it will make mistakes easier to make... not harder...

vbk

PS: I also noticed that Ludo's original question was not answered
directly... "what is the real syntax for redeploy or a dir deployed
app?" (which I think is really... what is the real syntax for redeploy
of a dir deployed app?)