dev@glassfish.java.net

Re: maven2 directory layout questions

From: Wayne Fay <waynefay_at_gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 13 Nov 2007 15:32:35 -0600

You should really send these questions to the Maven User list, Bill...
People (like myself) who know "a lot" about Maven on that list would
be happy to help.

1. A "doc" directory is fine. But more generally these things go in
src/main/resources. It really depends on what you hope to do with
them.
2. Ideally they need to be moved to src/main/resources. You can
configure things so that you can leave them in src/main/java, but it
starts getting messy.
3. You probably want to make a parent project for Javamail and then a
child module for the samples.
4. You should probably use a <profile> for each of these builds.
5. You can "filter" the content of the files. And you can rename them
with antrun plugin, and probably some others.

Wayne