dev@glassfish.java.net

Re: javax.el bundled in JSP 2.1 API

From: Jan Luehe <Jan.Luehe_at_Sun.COM>
Date: Fri, 18 May 2007 09:26:55 -0700

Hi Antonio,

Antonio Petrelli wrote On 05/18/07 00:33,:

> Hi developers!
> First of all, I apologize if this is not the correct mailing list to ask.
> I noticed that javax.el package is bundled together with jsp-api 2.1 jar.
> Since javax.el is (or better, should be) independent from JSP, is
> there a reason because it is bundled this way?

the javax.el APIs are already available separately in the Maven
repository at

  https://maven-repository.dev.java.net/nonav/repository/javax.el/

The separation from the JSP APIs was done as a result of this JSR 245
Maintenance
Review:

  http://jcp.org/aboutJava/communityprocess/maintenance/jsr245/245-MR1.html

which turned the EL into a self-contained specification.

Jan