dev@glassfish.java.net

Re: time for another build failure!

From: Mark A. Basler <Mark.Basler_at_Sun.COM>
Date: Fri, 18 May 2007 09:15:00 -0700

Hi Guys,

It looks like a difference between Java SE 5 and Java SE 6.

In Java SE 6 the interface return type for the "queryMBeans" method is
strongly typed to "ObjectInstance", the
MBeanServerConnection_Hook.queryMBeans method has the return typed to
ObjectName, which is generating the error.

In Java SE 5, the return of the interface is not strongly typed, so you
don't get an error in compilation.

This is an error though, the "queryMBeans" should be typed to
"**javax.management.ObjectInstance".

**Lloyd, can you please look at this....

Thanks - Mark
**

**

Mark A. Basler wrote:
> I am trying to build from a fresh checkout this morning and I am
> seeing the same error, both on windows and ubuntu.
>
> FYI...
>
> Thanks - Mark
>
> Dhiru Pandey wrote:
>> I did not see any build failures when I did a build 30 minutes back.
>> Here is what I did:
>>
>> bootstrap> maven checkout bootstrap-all build configure-cluster
>>
>> -Dhiru
>> Bill Shannon wrote:
>>> First, this failure:
>>>
>>> Cookie rejected: "$Version=0;
>>> JSESSIONID=587BDF0192570D3B1704EEBE50DD5584; $Path=/servlets".
>>> Illegal path attribute "/servlets". Path of origin:
>>> "/nonav/repository/jbi-install/jars/jbi-install-070515.jar"
>>> Error retrieving artifact from
>>> [http://www.ibiblio.org/maven/jbi-install/jars/jbi-install-070515.jar]:
>>> java.io.IOException: Unknown error downloading; status code was: 301
>>>
>>> Why is it downloading from ibiblio? I thought we had issues with
>>> that site.
>>>
>>> If I redo the build. I don't get this error.
>>>

>>> Then...
>>>
>>> <extend>../bootstrap/maven.xml</extend>build:start:
>>>
>>> What's with the <extend>?

>>> [java] [javac]
>>> /cache/tmp/glassfish-build/glassfish/appserv-api/src/java/com/sun/appserv/management/util/jmx/MBeanServerConnection_Hook.java:424:
>>> queryMBeans(javax.management.ObjectName,javax.management.QueryExp)
>>> in com.sun.appserv.management.util.jmx.MBeanServerConnection_Hook
>>> cannot implement
>>> queryMBeans(javax.management.ObjectName,javax.management.QueryExp)
>>> in javax.management.MBeanServerConnection; attempting to use
>>> incompatible return type
>>> [java] [javac] found :
>>> java.util.Set<javax.management.ObjectName>
>>> [java] [javac] required:
>>> java.util.Set<javax.management.ObjectInstance>
>>> [java] [javac] public Set<ObjectName>
>>> queryMBeans(ObjectName name, QueryExp query)
>>> [java] [javac] ^