dev@glassfish.java.net

Re: JSP seems to be compiled externally. Why?

From: Kohsuke Kawaguchi <Kohsuke.Kawaguchi_at_Sun.COM>
Date: Thu, 23 Mar 2006 11:37:15 -0800

Cheng Fang wrote:
> I remember there is memory leak in javac. This problem also existed for
> rmic. Not sure if we still fork a process for rmic/ejbc.

As a part of the JAXB RI unit test, I compile schemas to Java source
files by JAXB and then compile them into classes with javac, all loaded
into the same VM.

The total number of source files that are compiled would be probably
more than 10,000 in total (they won't be all compiled at once, of
course), and we never had a memory leak issue.

That's with Tiger, and your issue might have been with earlier JDK, but
I thought I'd share it as a datapoint.

--
Kohsuke Kawaguchi