dev@glassfish.java.net

Re: JSP seems to be compiled externally. Why?

From: Ken Cavanaugh <Ken.Cavanaugh_at_Sun.COM>
Date: Thu, 23 Mar 2006 11:43:55 -0800

On Thu, 2006-03-23 at 11:20, Cheng Fang wrote:
> I remember there is memory leak in javac. This problem also existed for
> rmic. Not sure if we still fork a process for rmic/ejbc.

Glassfish (and also AS 8.1)
does not normally use rmic. We generate classes dynamically
for stubs using BCEL. rmic is still used in the case where
a client jar containing stubs is explicitly requested (for
interoperability with non-Sun CORBA implementations), but that
is not the default.

I'm not sure about ejbc, but I think most of this is done with
dynamic proxies in glassfish. Ken Saks or Mahesh Kannan could
confirm this.

Ken.