jsr341-experts@el-spec.java.net

[jsr341-experts] Stand alone EL API

From: Kin-man Chung <kinman.chung_at_oracle.com>
Date: Tue, 26 Jul 2011 11:09:34 -0700

One thing I'd like to work on first is the API for stand alone EL. When
EL is used outside of a container, there is a need to make it easier to
use. I had the pleasure of discussing this with some of you in the past
and we've agreed that it is best to have an API for casual users that
mostly want to evaulate EL expressions, and another API for handling the
EL engine environment. I attempted to put more details into the APIs,
which is summarized in the wiki
http://java.net/projects/el-spec/pages/ELProcessorAPI.

Of course details still need to be worked out. For now please tell me,
from the architectural point of view, if we are going in the right
direction and have the right level of details.

Kin-man