jsr341-experts@el-spec.java.net

[jsr341-experts] Re: Stand alone EL API

From: Mark Thomas <markt_at_apache.org>
Date: Tue, 26 Jul 2011 22:27:54 +0100

On 26/07/2011 19:09, Kin-man Chung wrote:
> One thing I'd like to work on first is the API for stand alone EL. When
> EL is used outside of a container, there is a need to make it easier to
> use. I had the pleasure of discussing this with some of you in the past
> and we've agreed that it is best to have an API for casual users that
> mostly want to evaulate EL expressions, and another API for handling the
> EL engine environment. I attempted to put more details into the APIs,
> which is summarized in the wiki
> http://java.net/projects/el-spec/pages/ELProcessorAPI.
>
> Of course details still need to be worked out. For now please tell me,
> from the architectural point of view, if we are going in the right
> direction and have the right level of details.

That looks like the right direction to me. I can see how I'd go about
implementing that although there will probably be some issues in the
detail we can iron out later.

As an aside, I tried to edit the page to fix some typos but my account
(markt_asf) does not seem to be associated with the el-spec project.
Could you get that fixed?

Cheers,

Mark