jsr341-experts@el-spec.java.net

[jsr341-experts] Re: Stand alone EL API

From: Pete Muir <pmuir_at_redhat.com>
Date: Wed, 27 Jul 2011 12:10:42 +0100

I think this looks like the right direction. I think the level is just about right (enough power, but pretty simple still). I would suggest a couple more requirements (which I think are implicit in the current design, but I would make them explicit):

* that all these approaches to get beans and add resolvers work against the same "backend" as all the existing apis e.g. if I try to get a bean and EL resolvers etc. are set up in the old style, they will be called or if I add a bean resolver, then resolving a bean using the old APIs will cause the bean resolver to be used
* that access to all the old apis is maintained from the ELManager