users@woodstock.java.net

Re: No news = bad news ?

From: jsr <j-nabble_at_ragtop.org>
Date: Wed, 1 Oct 2008 10:48:42 -0700 (PDT)

fedevela wrote:

> However I don't think it likely that Woodstock will be abandoned, since
> it is at the core of the netbeans web platform.

Officially, Woodstock seems to be a part of Glassfish though, not NetBeans.
That means from a corporate politics standpoint, the Glassfish team was
probably paying for developers to work on a project that was mainly being
used by the NetBeans team. With Woodstock not officially being owned by
NetBeans, they may not have much control over it.

My random guess is there is no announcement on Woodstock's future because
the NetBeans team is trying to figure out how they can take over support of
it. Or maybe Sun just gets enjoyment out of torturing their users...?