jsr369-experts@servlet-spec.java.net

[jsr369-experts] Re: [servlet-spec users] Re: Re: Re: Removing headers from the response

From: Greg Wilkins <gregw_at_intalio.com>
Date: Thu, 1 Jan 2015 11:47:40 +0100

On 31 December 2014 at 20:22, Mark Thomas <markt_at_apache.org> wrote:

> > Perhaps there needs to be some standards support for
> > activating/delegating such concerns to the container?
>
> I like it. Apart from compression, what other concerns did you have in
> mind?

There are a few protocol mechanisms that it is a little unclear at the
moment if they are the responsibility of the container or the webapp, and I
think with HTTP/2 there will be a few more. So it would be good for a
webapp to be able to declare: yes/no/don'tcare for container support for:

   - Body compression
   - Header compression (HTTP/2 only, where there are some optional ways to
   encode unknown headers that may affect security)
   - Expect 100 handling
   - Use chunking or EOF for unknown response lengths

cheers

--
Greg Wilkins <gregw_at_intalio.com>  @  Webtide - *an Intalio subsidiary*