users@jpa-spec.java.net

[jpa-spec users] [jsr338-experts] question regarding jta-data-source

From: Christian Romberg <cromberg_at_versant.com>
Date: Thu, 10 May 2012 13:50:37 +0200

Hello,

It is not explicitly mentioned in the spec, but I guess I can safely
assume, that the data source denoted by
jta-data-source is of type "javax.sql.XADataSource"?

After the JPA implementation has obtained an XAConnection from this
XADataSource, is it expected to
to do any calls (and if so, in any specific order) on this XAConnection?

E.g. is it necessary, to call XAConnection.getConnection() to trigger that
the app server calls XAConnection.getXAResource()
on the very same XAConnection? Or is it sufficient to just call
"XADataSource.getXAConnection()" to trigger this?

(Some background: we don't use JDBC connections (being not an ORM) and
probably we would need to provide our own
XADataSource implementation, so that the app server picks up our own
XAResource implementation)

Thank you!

Christian

--
Christian Romberg
Chief Engineer | Versant GmbH
(T) +49 40 60990-0
(F) +49 40 60990-113
(E) cromberg_at_versant.com
www.versant.com<http://www.google.com/url?q=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.versant.com%2F&sa=D&sntz=1&usg=AFrqEzeeEBc_gN_8mxtt8xDB0tjXDXQVlw>|
www.db4o.com<http://www.google.com/url?q=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.db4o.com%2F&sa=D&sntz=1&usg=AFrqEzdo3Q40RwKQPBtnPIuBYQd1diFxJQ>
--
Versant
GmbH is incorporated in Germany. Company registration number: HRB