users@jms-spec.java.net

[jms-spec users] Re: JMS_SPEC-134: Declarative Annotation Based JMS Listeners

From: Josh Juneau <juneau001_at_gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 25 Aug 2015 06:38:20 -0500

Nigel-

I am very pleased to see the proposed changes to the JMS MDBs. The changes
will help JMS to evolve even further, making the API easier to learn and
use. MDBs have been one of those constructs that may be deemed difficult
to use or understand by beginners. The proposed changes make JMS MDBs
easier to understand and more flexible, providing the ability to develop
more sophisticated solutions.

In particular, I am glad to see the proposed change that removes the
requirement to implement javax.jms.MessageListener, as it can sometimes
limit the functionality, making JMS MDBs cumbersome to use. Providing the
ability to define more than one callback method per MDB will increase the
flexibility of MDBs.

I'll review in more detail as time allows, and provide further feedback.
At this time I see the proposed changes as a very positive move in the
right direction.

Best

Josh Juneau
juneau001_at_gmail.com