users@jms-spec.java.net

[jms-spec users] [jsr343-experts] Re: JMS 2.0: Planning the next stage

From: Nigel Deakin <nigel.deakin_at_oracle.com>
Date: Thu, 29 Mar 2012 11:27:58 +0100

Rüdiger,

On 24/03/2012 10:04, Rüdiger zu Dohna wrote:
> Nigel,
>
> one day late :-) but I've issued this: http://java.net/jira/browse/JMS_SPEC-88
>
> I actually was thinking seriously about abandoning the whole thing, because the simplified API is such a huge benefit
> already. But when I tried around a little bit, I found that receiving and dispatching messages is still rather tedious.
>
> I'd really love to hear all your comments.

You offer two alternatives.

1. Binding to CDI events.

In this, you are defining a listener on a CDI event. How is this related to JMS? Are you suggesting that when a JMS
message is received the JMS provider automatically fires a CDI event containing the message payload? If not, what are
you suggesting?

2. Binding to a business interface

Is this essentially the MessageAPI approach (which you kindly explained to me when we met in Belgium)?

Nigel