users@jms-spec.java.net

[jms-spec users] [jsr343-experts] Re: JMS 2.0: Planning the next stage

From: Nigel Deakin <nigel.deakin_at_oracle.com>
Date: Thu, 29 Mar 2012 11:21:21 +0100

On 28/03/2012 16:48, John D. Ament wrote:
> Nigel,
>
> Here are my 6

Thanks for the list. I'll wait for other responses.

> JMS_SPEC-73 Define how messages from a topic are delivered to clustered application server instances
> - I would like this to be expanded to discuss queues

The problem as currently stated is specific to the particular nature of topics. With queues, each message is only ever
delivered to a single MDB, so there is no ambiguity in what behaviour is required a cluster.

Can you please describe what you see as the issue with queues? We may want to log this as a separate issue.

Nigel