jsr368-experts@jms-spec.java.net

[jsr368-experts] Re: [jms-spec users] Re: JMS 2.0 errata: final request for comments

From: Nigel Deakin <nigel.deakin_at_oracle.com>
Date: Fri, 02 Jan 2015 10:30:20 +0000

Matthew,

On 23/12/2014 14:21, Matthew White wrote:
> Happy with the updates.
>
> When might the JMS2.0 errata version be available for the partners?

Are you asking for a draft of the updated spec?

The reason I haven't published one so far is that the JCP process for a maintenance review
(https://jcp.org/en/procedures/jcp2#5) appears to require me to submit each change separately (as "diffs") rather than
as a single updated spec document containing all the changes together.

That's why I have recorded each set of changes separately in the corresponding JIRA issue, and provided links to
everything from the table at https://java.net/projects/jms-spec/pages/JMS20RevA#Proposed_content . It's the information
in that table that I will be submitting.

I also thought this might be easier for people to review.

Only after the Executive Committee has approved the changes am I required to update the specification itself.

I'm obviously going to have to update the spec and javadocs eventually, so I could circulate a draft, but I'm slightly
worried that, as our discussions continue, the draft might get out of step with the list of diffs that I actually to submit.

Nigel