users@jersey.java.net

Re: [Jersey] Using Guice with JAX-RS

From: Gili <cowwoc_at_bbs.darktech.org>
Date: Thu, 2 Oct 2008 21:13:28 -0700 (PDT)

Paul Sandoz wrote:

> That will work but it is limited in its use because:
>
> - there are other components such a MessageBodyReader/Writer that
> might want to leverage Guice;
>
> I don't understand, how does the implementation I posted prevent them from
> leveraging Guice?
>
> - it is restricting the life-cycle, where as ComponentProvider is
> general; and
>
> - requires additional modification of resource classes specific to
> Guice.

Paul,

I'm guessing (by the lack of response) that you're only open to discussing
this on the mailing list. I would really appreciate your help understanding
this further because I'd like to fix up the Guice implementation. It is my
hope that once this is done we can bundle it alongside the Spring
implementation as part of Jersey 1.0.

Thank you,
Gili