users@jersey.java.net

Re: [Jersey] Using Guice with JAX-RS

From: Paul Sandoz <Paul.Sandoz_at_Sun.COM>
Date: Fri, 03 Oct 2008 09:43:00 +0100

On Oct 3, 2008, at 5:13 AM, Gili wrote:

> Paul Sandoz wrote:
>>
>> That will work but it is limited in its use because:
>>
>> - there are other components such a MessageBodyReader/Writer that
>> might want to leverage Guice;
>>
>> I don't understand, how does the implementation I posted prevent
>> them from
>> leveraging Guice?
>>
>> - it is restricting the life-cycle, where as ComponentProvider is
>> general; and
>>
>> - requires additional modification of resource classes specific to
>> Guice.
>>

> Paul,
>
> I'm guessing (by the lack of response) that you're only open to
> discussing
> this on the mailing list.

Not at all :-) i live and work in France, so time-zone differences are
in effect.

I am traveling today so i cannot do a chat session, how about we
arrange to do something on Monday?

> I would really appreciate your help understanding
> this further because I'd like to fix up the Guice implementation. It
> is my
> hope that once this is done we can bundle it alongside the Spring
> implementation as part of Jersey 1.0.

Unfortunately it will be too late for 1.0 :-( we are in bug fixing
mode and i do not want to add any new features. 1.0 will be released
by 13th of October.

However, as soon as we release 1.0 we will be working on 1.0.1 and we
could integrate into that release. We cannot call things 1.1 because
that implies a specification change so 1.x.y.z, 1.x = spec version,
y = Jersey feature version, z = Jersey feature compatible version

Paul.