users@jersey.java.net

Re: Injectable fields not set on target object for proxied resource (using cglib)

From: Martin Grotzke <martin.grotzke_at_javakaffee.de>
Date: Tue, 18 Mar 2008 20:31:12 +0100

On Mon, 2008-03-17 at 16:41 +0100, Paul Sandoz wrote:
> Martin Grotzke wrote:
> > What do you have in mind concerning spring integration?
>
> To include a common SpringComponentProvider, SpringServlet and an
> example with the Jersey distribution, so that developer do not have to
> create their own (unless they require some special configuration). See
> James Strachan's recent comments:
>
> http://blogs.sun.com/sandoz/entry/integrating_jersey_and_spring_take#comment-1204949730000
> http://blogs.sun.com/sandoz/entry/integrating_jersey_and_spring_take#comment-1205397278000
Jep, I've read these. Though, I don't know what the consequences are
coming with these changes of the SpringComponentProvider (I also just
asked on your blog). One thing that I can see is that all components are
now created by spring. Is this s.th. that is wanted (again what are the
consequences)?

> I would like to avoid placing the Spring jars in the Jersey
> distribution
> and the example can download the Spring distribution automatically
> (that is easy i do the same with Scala)... although it would be even
> easier with Maven...
(AFAIK maven can also create a build.xml, this one might also be used)

One question IMHO is, which spring version should be supported. Should
there be only support for spring 2.5, or should only spring features be
used that are also in 2.0 (or even 1.x)?
I would prefer the latter one, to reach as most people as possible.

Cheers,
Martin