users@jersey.java.net

Re: Injectable fields not set on target object for proxied resource (using cglib)

From: Paul Sandoz <Paul.Sandoz_at_Sun.COM>
Date: Mon, 17 Mar 2008 16:41:36 +0100

Martin Grotzke wrote:
> Hi Paul,
>
> I would like to help with spring integration as far as I can (I know
> very little about jersey, and a little bit more about spring). And I
> must say that my time until the beginning of april is also fairly
> limited. But if I can help I would like to do so.
>
> What do you have in mind concerning spring integration?

To include a common SpringComponentProvider, SpringServlet and an
example with the Jersey distribution, so that developer do not have to
create their own (unless they require some special configuration). See
James Strachan's recent comments:

http://blogs.sun.com/sandoz/entry/integrating_jersey_and_spring_take#comment-1204949730000
http://blogs.sun.com/sandoz/entry/integrating_jersey_and_spring_take#comment-1205397278000

I would like to avoid placing the Spring jars in the Jersey distribution
and the example can download the Spring distribution automatically
(that is easy i do the same with Scala)... although it would be even
easier with Maven...

Paul.

--
| ? + ? = To question