users@jersey.java.net

Re: Injectable fields not set on target object for proxied resource (using cglib)

From: Paul Sandoz <Paul.Sandoz_at_Sun.COM>
Date: Wed, 19 Mar 2008 11:22:11 +0100

Martin Grotzke wrote:
> On Mon, 2008-03-17 at 16:41 +0100, Paul Sandoz wrote:
>> Martin Grotzke wrote:
>>> What do you have in mind concerning spring integration?
>> To include a common SpringComponentProvider, SpringServlet and an
>> example with the Jersey distribution, so that developer do not have to
>> create their own (unless they require some special configuration). See
>> James Strachan's recent comments:
>>
>> http://blogs.sun.com/sandoz/entry/integrating_jersey_and_spring_take#comment-1204949730000
>> http://blogs.sun.com/sandoz/entry/integrating_jersey_and_spring_take#comment-1205397278000
> Jep, I've read these. Though, I don't know what the consequences are
> coming with these changes of the SpringComponentProvider (I also just
> asked on your blog). One thing that I can see is that all components are
> now created by spring. Is this s.th. that is wanted (again what are the
> consequences)?

I CC'ed you on an email that Jame's sent in response to your comment. If
you reply feel free to take it over to this list, i think it may be of
interest to others as well.

>> I would like to avoid placing the Spring jars in the Jersey
>> distribution
>> and the example can download the Spring distribution automatically
>> (that is easy i do the same with Scala)... although it would be even
>> easier with Maven...
> (AFAIK maven can also create a build.xml, this one might also be used)
>
> One question IMHO is, which spring version should be supported. Should
> there be only support for spring 2.5, or should only spring features be
> used that are also in 2.0 (or even 1.x)?
> I would prefer the latter one, to reach as most people as possible.

We could supply SpringServlet20 and SpringServlet25 (if demand for 1.x
is there we could consider it, but we are only a small team). It may
make testing harder but If 2.5 is backwards compatible with 2.0 we may
be able to get away with testing both with 2.5 jars.

Paul.

--
| ? + ? = To question
    Paul Sandoz