users@jaxb.java.net

Re: JAXB complexType code generation problem

From: Jim Beard <beard_at_counterclaim.com>
Date: Mon, 23 Feb 2004 12:43:44 -0800

I will try to use one of the latest weekly builds to test the issue.
Ill post my results when done.

The Schemas I am working with are located at
http://oxci.sourceforge.net/xml

They are based of a set of Schemas produced through the Dept. of
Justice. Information regarding the Global Justice XML project can be
found here:

http://justicexml.gtri.gatech.edu/

The basic summary is that the OXCI project wants to define a
specification that any state court could use and extend to meet
specific needs. However OXCI currently is trying to base these Schemas
off of the Justice XML work. Justice XML is however over-inclusive.
Therefore the base types for the OXCI Schemas are defined through
restriction of Justice XML elements. Once the restriction has occurred
then any customization ( ie extension ) a specific court might want to
implement is not supported.

Thanks for your feedback,
Jim

On Monday, February 23, 2004, at 11:57 AM, Kohsuke Kawaguchi wrote:

> At one point we relaxed this limitation in the RI. I don't remember
> when
> we did this, but could you try the weekly builds (in java.net) and see
> if that solves the problem?
>
> Also, if you could show us actual definitions of the
> extension-restriction-extension hierarchy, that would be great. We are
> trying to understand how this sort of derivation is used in the real
> world.
>
> regards,
> --
> Kohsuke Kawaguchi
> Sun Microsystems kohsuke.kawaguchi_at_sun.com

Jim Beard
counterclaim.com, Inc
http://www.counterclaim.com
http://openefm.sourceforge.net