users@jaxb.java.net

Using JAXB to inspect XML schemas

From: Christian Drumm <christian.drumm_at_sap.com>
Date: Fri, 14 Mar 2003 02:41:27 -0700

Hi,

I'm trying to use the JAXB to inspect XSD files. Therefore I tried to generate a binding with the XJC tool for XMLSchema.xsd for the W3 website.
When I execute the XJC tool I always get an error because some types are defined as an dtd at the begining of XMLSchema.xsd. XJC tells me it can't parse the file because it dosen't start with <xs:schema>. However, when I remove the dtd from the beginning of XMLSchema.xsd I get a long list of errors because some types are missing.

Any suggestions on how to solve this problem?
Or is there an other, easier way to do what I'm trying to do?

Thanks
Christian