users@jaxb.java.net

Re: Can't use swedish characters

From: Kohsuke Kawaguchi <Kohsuke.Kawaguchi_at_Sun.COM>
Date: Mon, 13 Jan 2003 11:48:22 -0800

The problem is that the default XML writer of JAXB RI assumes that all
characters beyond ASCII needs to be turned into Unicode character
entities, regardless of the current encoding setting.

So the short workaround is to use your own XML writer that doesn't have
those assumption. Then you could write something like:

marshaller.marshal( myJaxbObject, new MyXmlWriter(System.out) );

I'll see if there's anything we can do for it on JAXB RI side, but
please don't count on it...

regards,
--
Kohsuke KAWAGUCHI                  408-276-7063 (x17063)