users@jaxb.java.net

Re: Can't use swedish characters

From: Claes Hammer <hammer_at_skip.informatik.gu.se>
Date: Mon, 13 Jan 2003 20:03:55 +0100

Thank you for your responses both, Kohsuke and Jukka.

Firstly the dokument was well-formed. So that's not the problem.

Secondly yes, it all worked well when I used ISO-8859-1 encoding.

Still I am a little confused over why it doesn't work with UTF-8.
Since from what I know Java uses UTF-8 internally and I adressed the
schema to use that encoding. Has it something to do with Java and the
binding compiler don't agree upon how to represent the characters.

Isn't it the devolopers of jaxb intent that UTF-8 should be possible to
use with for instance all european languages?

/Claes