users@jaxb.java.net

Re: Applicability of JAXB

From: Dennis Sosnoski <dms_at_SOSNOSKI.COM>
Date: Thu, 30 Jan 2003 19:44:51 -0700

On Thu, 23 Jan 2003 12:50:54 -0800, Kohsuke Kawaguchi <Kohsuke.Kawaguchi_at_Sun.COM> wrote:
>> 4. Has anyone done any comparison studies on JAXB with other similar products? Castor, JBind, etc..
>
>I think there were a couple of articles in http://www.xml.com/ and some
>in IBM's developerWorks.

I just had a two-part article published on IBM developerWorks covering this, including some discussion of the pluses and minuses of code generation from Schema. Part 1 (http://www-106.ibm.com/developerworks/library/x-databdopt/index.html) discusses usage and features of several data binding frameworks, Part 2 (http://www-106.ibm.com/developerworks/library/x-databdopt2/) covers performance issues.

  - Dennis