users@jax-rs-spec.java.net

[jax-rs-spec users] [jsr339-experts] forward()

From: Bill Burke <bburke_at_redhat.com>
Date: Wed, 11 Sep 2013 09:04:07 -0400

Hey,

I'm working on my first Angular JS web UI application. Angular JS is
REST based, so it works great with a JAX-RS backend. The only thing
that is really missing in JAX-RS at the moment, is a servlet forward().
  I often need to forward the request to .html, .jsp, or JSF pages
within the WAR.

A could inject HttpServletRequest and do the forward, but the JAX-RS
implementation is going to have to be aware that you're doing a forward,
otherwise, it will try to send back a response.

Do we need a forward() method somewhere? LIke on ResourceContext or
something? Or do we need explicit language in the spec that JAX-RS
implementations need to handle servlet forwards gracefully.

--
Bill Burke
JBoss, a division of Red Hat