users@jax-rs-spec.java.net

[jax-rs-spec users] [jsr339-experts] Re: Re: Does FilterContext.getRequestBuilder() copy request?

From: Santiago Pericas-Geertsen <Santiago.PericasGeertsen_at_oracle.com>
Date: Wed, 14 Dec 2011 08:43:06 -0800

On Dec 13, 2011, at 6:35 AM, Bill Burke wrote:

> On 12/13/11 7:25 AM, Marek Potociar wrote:
>
>>> All these builder interfaces buy you very very little (except for confusion and complexity). Its really hurting the
>>> spec, IMO.
>>
>> I disagree.
>>

> I know you disagree and its unfortunate. The spec is hurting because of it. You have different read interface (Request) and write interface (RequestBuilder) for something that is *always* available to both read and write.

 This is a matter of personal preference, it does not hurt the spec as you say. In fact, it seems consistent with JAX-RS 1.X where we had a Response and a Response.ResponseBuilder.

 As for the filters, if the builders have getter methods, we could create a single builder for the filter chain and have the framework call build() when the chain is completed.

-- Santiago