users@jax-rs-spec.java.net

[jax-rs-spec users] [jsr339-experts] Re: Re: Re: New to the group - comments on the current draft

From: Santiago Pericas-Geertsen <Santiago.PericasGeertsen_at_oracle.com>
Date: Wed, 14 Dec 2011 08:34:09 -0800

On Dec 12, 2011, at 10:06 AM, Bill Burke wrote:

> On 12/12/11 12:17 PM, Santiago Pericas-Geertsen wrote:
>> Handlers were called interceptors at first, which was also confusing. We
>> are still trying to find a better name for them. Something with the word
>> "entity" would help. Not sure about "entity filters", somehow I like
>> "entity handlers" better :)
>>

> MarshallingFilter
> MarshallingInterceptor

 Possibly, but I think this makes it hard to connect to other JAX-RS 1.X types (we use the terms reader and writer rather than unmarshaller and marshaller).

 I think the most accurate phrase is "message body interceptors" and perhaps ReaderInterceptor and WriterInterceptor for the types. Maybe if we don't use the term "interceptor" by itself we can get away with this?

-- Santiago