users@jax-rs-spec.java.net

[jax-rs-spec users] [jsr339-experts] Re: Does FilterContext.getRequestBuilder() copy request?

From: Bill Burke <bburke_at_redhat.com>
Date: Tue, 13 Dec 2011 09:35:08 -0500

On 12/13/11 7:25 AM, Marek Potociar wrote:

>> All these builder interfaces buy you very very little (except for confusion and complexity). Its really hurting the
>> spec, IMO.
>
> I disagree.

I know you disagree and its unfortunate. The spec is hurting because of
it. You have different read interface (Request) and write interface
(RequestBuilder) for something that is *always* available to both read
and write.

Added to this is the complete duplication of RequestBUilder methods
within Invocation.Builder (and the additional confusing interfaces).
You have completely different interfaces for building a request from
Target and filters. All this because we have to support *your* opinion
of what a "pure" api is.

Maybe you haven't tried to implement the spec yet? It became even more
apparent to me how bizarre this interface structure is once I started
implementing them.

--
Bill Burke
JBoss, a division of Red Hat