jsr339-experts@jax-rs-spec.java.net

[jsr339-experts] Re: [jax-rs-spec users] Re: Passing data from filters to resource

From: Sergey Beryozkin <sberyozkin_at_talend.com>
Date: Mon, 3 Jun 2013 17:30:13 +0100

On 29/05/13 16:33, Jan Algermissen wrote:

> On 29.05.2013, at 17:16, Santiago Pericas-Geertsen <Santiago.PericasGeertsen_at_oracle.com> wrote:
>

>> On May 29, 2013, at 8:32 AM, Bill Burke <bburke_at_redhat.com> wrote:
>>
>>> I wouldn't inject the ServletContext as this is a global thing, but instead the HttpServletRequest. Sucks we can't do this in JAX-RS. This was an oversight by us I think.
>>
>> Yes, I believe that was an oversight for the non-servlet case. JIRA?
HttpServletRequest can be injected, right ?

> Can do - but what is best from an impl. POV? Add a getProperty(String) to Request? Does that work seamlessly in Jersey/Resteasy/CXF?

Marek insisted the other day that ContainerRequestContext.setProperty is
tied to HttpServletRequest.setAttribute, so it can allow for passing the
data between filters and the resource (which will use the injected
HttpServletRequest), definitely works in CXF

Sergey