jsr339-experts@jax-rs-spec.java.net

[jsr339-experts] Injection of Configuration

From: Sergey Beryozkin <sberyozkin_at_talend.com>
Date: Fri, 1 Mar 2013 11:03:20 +0000

Hi

I believe Configuration [1] can be injected as context into resource
classes, this is what Marek mentioned in the other thread.

I was wondering earlier if injection of Configuration should be limited
to injecting only to providers and not make it possible to inject it
into resource classes,

I'm concerned that none of Configuration instances actually makes sense
to the application code.

May be the spec text should say about injecting Configuration what it
says about Providers, "This interface is expected to be primarily of
interest to provider authors wishing to ..." ? By the way, the spec
still not mentions Configuration - I would not mind if it did not :-)

Thanks, Sergey

[1]
http://jax-rs-spec.java.net/nonav/2.0-SNAPSHOT/apidocs/javax/ws/rs/core/Configuration.html