jsr339-experts@jax-rs-spec.java.net

[jsr339-experts] Re: [jax-rs-spec users] Priority annotation build issue

From: Sergey Beryozkin <sberyozkin_at_talend.com>
Date: Tue, 12 Feb 2013 22:16:01 +0000

On 12/02/13 18:51, Bill Burke wrote:

> On 2/12/2013 12:04 PM, Sergey Beryozkin wrote:
>> On 12/02/13 16:30, Marek Potociar wrote:
>>> I have contacted the spec lead of Common Annotations API to release a
>>> new version. We'll see how it goes. Note however that Java EE 7
>>> requires Java SE 7.
>>>
>> Thanks Marek; we've agreed though to let the implementations that do not
>> necessarily target EE environments implement 2.0 API without forcing
>> them to move to SE 7, so to be honest, and IMHO, it has to be a a
>> consistent decision on behalf of this group to support this case, though
>> I'd obviously appreciate a good will gesture from the spec lead of
>> Common Annotations API -
>>
>> Example, releasing a SE-6 targeted only version would not affect the
>> requirement for EE 7 deployments to have core artifacts built with SE7
>> and such
>>

> Oh, I thought @Priority was an EE6-EE7 thing and not part of the JDK. I
> have concerns about this as well. There are a lot of slow moving
> customers/users as it pertains to the JDK version they use. I told you
> this before, but as recent as 9 months ago, I had somebody say they
> coudln't use Resteasy because it wasn't compiled to JDK 5.

Another option which I'd consider if rebuilding were tricky to do is to
restore BindingPriority and then, same as for JSON-P case, also support
Priority as part of EE (7) profile, though having a SE6 friendly
Priority class seems like a much simpler option (either use a SE6
profile or just target SE6 during the javax.annotation-api build)

Cheers, Sergey

--
Sergey Beryozkin
Talend Community Coders