jsr339-experts@jax-rs-spec.java.net

[jsr339-experts] Re: [jax-rs-spec users] Re: Back to Hypermedia

From: Santiago Pericas-Geertsen <Santiago.PericasGeertsen_at_oracle.com>
Date: Thu, 13 Oct 2011 17:06:14 -0400

On Oct 13, 2011, at 4:44 PM, Sergey Beryozkin wrote:

>> Is our current support for Hypermedia sufficient or insufficient?
>
> Are we settling on the idea of the server code managing the Links explicitly ? That makes sense to me.

 In my view, this is the minimum that we need to provide. The choice of link headers for the representation is also to reduce complexity; link headers are out of the way, so to speak. If an app needs links in entities, it should probably managed them itself (along with its MBR's and MBW's).

> What about your earlier note about the annotation-driven Link injection/creation on the server side ? I thought it was interesting but a bit complex

 In general, the feedback for this proposal was not enough ROI --which I agreed after further analysis.

-- Santiago