jsr339-experts@jax-rs-spec.java.net

[jsr339-experts] Re: Hypermedia Proposals

From: Santiago Pericas-Geertsen <Santiago.PericasGeertsen_at_oracle.com>
Date: Tue, 5 Jul 2011 10:08:49 -0400

Hi Markus,

 See inline.

> as the Client API and Hypermedia both are very essential parts of this project, I want to object your suggestion. First, discussing Hypermedia and Client API parallel makes things more complex. Let's concentrate on the Client and when we have agreed upon a proposal, we can concentrate on Hypermedia.

 I understand your point, but we have agreed on a schedule earlier on and it's important that we stick to it. In order to cover all the important topics by Early Draft, we'll need to discuss more than one at a time.

> Second, one week is a bit short to come up with a proposal, as most of us are not working full time on JAX-RS or might just be on holidays.

 My suggestion was not to come up with a new proposal in week one. Instead, it was a request for submission of any earlier work done in this area or any new ideas that are not fully fleshed out but are worth exploring.

 Having said that, you're right about the holidays. Let's extend this a couple of weeks to Friday 7/22.

> Also, there was a great proposal from Oracle already and I think that one would be a good start. Why not publishing that one first instead of starting with a blank page? I can remember that there was a lifely discussion about that proposal back then so that would be a good start.

 Oracle people were involved in more than one proposal in this area. Which one are you referring to?

-- Santiago