jsr339-experts@jax-rs-spec.java.net

[jsr339-experts] Re: Hypermedia Proposals

From: Markus KARG <markus_at_headcrashing.eu>
Date: Tue, 5 Jul 2011 20:12:24 +0200

Santiago,

I understand that there is a schedule, but as the API will be hard to fix if
we break it right from the start, it must be more essential to do few things
well instead of to do lots of things worse. So let's drop low priority
points as soon as the schedule is in danger, but let's work relaxed and
concentrated on the client API now. This project is just too essential to
hurry up just because someone wants to keep a deadline. Enterprise users
will not be happy with an eary release, but they will be happy with a STABLE
and WELL-ENGINEERED release. :-)

About the Oracle proposal: Paul Sandoz and Marc Hadley provided a proposal
for HATEOAS support months back. That one I meant.

Regards

Markus