jsr339-experts@jax-rs-spec.java.net

[jsr339-experts] Client framework

From: Bill Burke <bburke_at_redhat.com>
Date: Wed, 06 Apr 2011 17:09:13 -0400

i'd really like to start the ball rolling on this. I guess we'll be
deriving from the Jersey low-level API?

IMO, some thought on the Exception hierarchy should be mapped out here
as well concurrently (JAX_RS_SPEC-48). Also, in resteasy we have an SPI
for plugging in various HTTP libraries for the client API to run on top
of (Apache HTTP Client 3.x, 4.x, java.net.URL) that maybe we should
define within JAX-RS as well.

Finally, my users are very fond of our proxy framework [1]. Basically
it allows you to use the exact same JAX-RS annotations on the client
side so that you can map method invocations into an HTTP request. In
most cases you can re-use the same interface on both the client and
server side.

[1]
http://docs.jboss.org/resteasy/docs/2.0.0.GA/userguide/html/RESTEasy_Client_Framework.html