jsr339-experts@jax-rs-spec.java.net

[jsr339-experts] Re: Client framework

From: Markus KARG <markus_at_headcrashing.eu>
Date: Thu, 7 Apr 2011 21:10:20 +0200

Actually I think for users it would be of more interest to have a high level
API. IMHO least users in the first step will actually want to declare using
a particular http stack, but just want to get started most easily with a
stable solution. It's a benefit of your framework to also provide this
pluggability, but I don't see that it must be part of the JAX-RS standard.
You could just support it "under the hood" for example by setting system
properties etc. What the users want from my understanding is a fluent API
that allows them to talk to any http based REST service. What technical way
this is done is of low interest. Proof: Nobody asked to ever add such a
plugability into JAX-RS 1 (server side) so far. So why should one ask for
that on the client side?