jsr339-experts@jax-rs-spec.java.net

[jsr339-experts] Re: First steps

From: Adam Bien <abien_at_adam-bien.com>
Date: Wed, 9 Mar 2011 18:35:35 +0100

On 09.03.2011, at 16:41, Bill Burke wrote:

> The problem is that he wants to inject information about the sub resource into the creation of the EJB.

And this is a huge problem. It happens in every non-trivial application.

> You can't use a pojo or entity because you may want to do transactions within the subresource (or other functions that EJB provides).
And injection. If you are using a POJO it cannot be even a CDI managed bean.

> Adam, are you sure the new EJB singleton beans wouldn't allow for this?

Singleton would work - but then you will get concurrency issues (=bottlenecks). If you make them BeanManagedConcurrency you will get consistencies issue. @Stateful would not work as well.

The simplest possible solution would be something like:

@Stateless
public SubResource{

        @PathParam
        long id;

}

or the injection of a more generic "JAX-RS" context into EJB / CDI bean.