users@jax-rpc.java.net

Re: modeler error: expected root element "schema", found element "wsdl:definitions"

From: Roberto Chinnici <Roberto.Chinnici_at_Sun.COM>
Date: Tue, 17 Aug 2004 09:39:09 -0700

The problem is that PayPalSvc.wsdl is using an xs:import to import
a WSDL document, with the intent of importing a schema embedded
inside it. This violates R2004 in WS-I Basic Profile 1.0:

  R2004 A DESCRIPTION MUST NOT use the XML Schema "import" statement
  to import a Schema from any document whose root element is not "schema"
  from the namespace "http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema".

The workaround is to extract the schema in ebayTypes.wsdl, save it
as ebayTypes.xsd and change the xs:import/_at_schemaLocation attribute
in PayPalSvc.wsdl to point to it.

Roberto